Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup


This is a recipe we have made several times, and we love it. This last time I forgot get mushrooms, so we made it without and was still equally good. I came across this recipe on a food blog I enjoy, this lady used her crockpot every day for a year. There are quiet a few recipes I've found on here that are still waiting to be made, I go here often, go check her out.

Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup

1 pound chicken (I used frozen breast tenderloins)
--2 can cup black beans, drained and rinsed (you can even used dried beans, go to her recipe to see how to do that)

--4 cups chicken broth
--1 cup sliced mushrooms

--1 cup frozen corn
--1 jar prepared salsa (16 oz)

--1 1/2 tsp cumin
--1/2 cup sour cream (to stir in at the end)

--shredded cheddar cheese, avocado slices, cilantro (all optional)


Put everything in the crock pot except the last two ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5

For those that we have made this for we had a few changes from the above recipe. Add one cup chicken broth, 1 dried hot pepper whole (taken out before eating), and half the beans.

1 comments:

Cori March 24, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

I just bought her cook book for my Mom, sister, and me. We love her stuff!!

About this blog

Just two love birds that share a passion for cooking. We are all about trying new things and letting you know how it went. On occasions you will get the ramblings of a crazy geek and a lovely baker.