Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies

This was a recipe I found online this weekend, when I was looking for something quick to make for a family member who watched our kids kind of spur of the moment, just to say thank you for taking time out of your schedule to help out our family in a time of need. I have several boxes of cookie mix, that I got for FREE so I figured I'd see if I could find some way to use them. This recipe turned out perfect because it also called for lemons, which I had some my mother-in-law gave me from off her tree, that needed to be used. Jeremy says this is now his favorite type of cookie, since he is a fan of lemon. I'm sure they'll be even yummier with homemade sugar cookie dough, although I think next time I make them I might double the amount of lemon juice and zest in the dough. So give these a try!

Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies
Cookie:
1, 15.5 oz package Krusteaz Sugar Cookie Mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 egg
1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Lemon Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon milk

Preheat oven to 375°F. For Cookies: Place cookie mix, butter, egg, lemon zest and lemon juice in medium bowl. Stir until dough forms, hand kneading if necessary. Using rounded tablespoon dough for each cookie, place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool cookies completely and spread with lemon glaze. For Lemon Glaze: Place glaze ingredients in small bowl. Stir until smooth.
Makes 24 cookies.

0 comments:

About this blog

Just two love birds that share a passion for cooking. We are all about trying new things and letting you know how it went. On occasions you will get the ramblings of a crazy geek and a lovely baker.