Having Fun on a Budget

Us along with most of a America are living on a budget, for various different reasons. Just because we are on a budget doesn't mean we can't have fun. It just means we have to do more planning to get the most out of our dollar, and maybe not go out as often.
This last week was Jeremy's birthday. I'm a very indecisive person which I'm sure he'll attest to, so it was easy to make him think I didn't really have anything planned. But the truth be told, me and a friend had been planning our night out for about a month. Jeremy's birthday and one of my best friends birthday are a day apart. So myself and her husband decided we would surprise our spouses with a night out. We went and picked up Jeremy from work, he had NO IDEA I got permission for him to leave early. We then went and got some pizza sandwiches (which were super yummy and HUGE!). We then went to see/participate in a murder mystery play, and have dessert.
We had a fun time and did it all on a budget! So how did we do it? If there was no advanced planning we would have paid over $50 in what we did. But since we planned in advance we spent just under $30. We went to a fabulous website called City Deals where you can buy gift certificates to different places at a discount. You don't have to plan a month ahead maybe a week or two for shipping. If you are living on a budget you have probably learned that sticking to your budget does require planning so it shouldn't be too hard. So if you are wanting to save some money on your fun go check out City Deals, and if they don't have it for your area, they do have some things for national brands you might be able to use in your area.

1 comments:

Gourmified February 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Erin, I Just wanted to send a quick thank you for the recipes. I love the stroganoff and the caesar salad ones the best, I think. I'll put them into my menu this week. I was snooping on your profile..are you guys planning on moving to the Northwest anytime soon? I'm from Seattle, and miss it terribly all the time.

Thanks again! Lisa

About this blog

Just two love birds that share a passion for cooking. We are all about trying new things and letting you know how it went. On occasions you will get the ramblings of a crazy geek and a lovely baker.